Thursday 12 March 2015

Chak De! India inspires a Fastpitch softball team

Dear Messrs. Amin and Sahni, 

I have never been moved enough by a film in my life to write a “fan letter”. This indeed is one, but you should also consider it a note of gratitude. 

Your film, Chak De! India, was recommended by our school’s girls’ field hockey coach to me and it resonated deeply with me.

I coach fastpitch softball (a girl’s sport similar to baseball) and our program’s hierarchy of priorities, organization, team, player, are beautifully realized and reinforced by your exquisite film. 

Further, like the protagonist in your film, I am an accidental coach of girls and we had a difficult journey (over four years!) when I took over the program and it ended happily. (Please see photo.) 

My only regret is that I did not discover your film until a few days ago. Be assured that its viewing will be an annual ritual in our program here; we as a group have already seen the bit when then girls announce who they are. We will watch the entire film during a team building session following our return from spring training in Florida.

Thank you so much for making a film that is so meaningful to me and that will have lasting import upon the girls with which I work for years to come.

If you ever happen to be in the Detroit, MI area, please do not hesitate to contact me so I might have the chance to thank you personally.


Appreciatively, 
Ted Alpert 

Ted Alpert 
Department of History 
Varsity Softball University Liggett School 
1045 Cook Road 
Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236-2509
313-884-4444 
313-492-4649 
Shaping Lives That Shape Lives 


No comments:

Post a Comment